Hey guys, a day or so ago I made White Christmas Slice (which is one of my favourite christmas treats!) I’m not putting this on my blog as a healthy alternative, or healthy choice. I’m putting it here because I believe you should still indulge a little at christmas, and the way I’m doing that is sneaking some christmas treats into my macros!
I did not make this recipe, you can find the original recipe here. However I have calculated the Macros and calories for you here so that you can include a nice treat as well! I know how much it sucks when having homemade sweets simply because you don’t know the calorie/macro content, this way you can make the recipe and count it accurately in your daily intake!
140g (1 cup) pure icing sugar
180g (1 cup) sultanas
100g (slightly rounded 1/2 cup) chopped glace cherries
100g (2/3 cup) finely chopped dried apricots
85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
106g (1 cup) full cream milk powder
40g (1 1/4 cups) rice bubbles
- Line Baking tray.
- Melt Copha over low heat in saucepan.
- Mix together the remainder of the ingredients (Icing sugar, sultanas, glace cherries, dried apricots, coconut, milk powder & rice bubbles.)
- Add melted Copha and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking tray & firmly press down with a spoon.
- Place in fridge or freezer to set.
- Once set take out and let sit for a few mins to soften slightly, and then cut into squares.
Calories Per 25g: 126
Macros Per 25g: Fat – 8.4g Carbs – 11.5g Protein – 1.1g
Enjoy your holidays! xx